Ramkalawan v Electoral Commission & Ors (Applic. for stay of execution) (MA 163/16 Arising from CP01/2016)  SCCC 12 (14 June 2016);
IN THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT OF SEYCHELLES
Arising from CP01/2016
 SCCC 12
Wavel John Charles Ramkalawan Applicant
The Electoral Commission - First Respondent
James Alix Michel - Second Respondent
Attorney General - Third Respondent
Heard: 14th June 2016
Counsel: Anthony Derjacques for petitioner
Samantha Aglaé for first respondent
Basil Hoareau for second respondent
Attorney General for third respondent
Delivered: 14th June 2016
- The Applicant, a party to an election petition in which a decision was delivered on 31st May 2016, has applied for a stay of execution of the judgment.
- He has supported his application with an affidavit in which he swears, inter alia, that he has filed an appeal against the said judgment on the 3rd June 2016.
- A copy of this appeal is not attached to the application.
- The Court has verified that no such appeal has been filed as alleged by the Petitioner.
- In the circumstances not only is the fact alleged, which is sworn to be true and correct by the Applicant, false and incorrect, it also cannot support such an application before this Court.
- Furthermore there are no supporting grounds for the application.
- The application is therefore dismissed with costs.
Signed, dated and delivered at Ile du Port on 14th June 2016
M. TWOMEY D. AKIIKI-KIIZA
Chief Justice Judge